Andrews Hall, home of UNL’s innovative Department of English needed a makeover. The historic building opened for classes in 1928 and the main floor was last renovated in the 1940s.
All of AOI’s business units were engaged. Our Construction team meticulously phased the project to allow student access during construction. The first floor renovation included upgrading electrical and lighting, upgrading all finishes, renovating and adding restrooms to be more inclusive, and building the Writing Center offices. New doors were added, and beautiful large format marble tile was installed in the hallway. The building exterior was modernized to include a ADA ramps.
The AP team installed DIRTT for the graduate consultation offices, and AOI Furniture provided the graduate workstations and hallway seating.
The finished space gives students an inspired space for “an education in imaginative reasoning.”